Friday, September 01, 2006

This was our blue cruise boat. Where you can see everyone sitting on the back (the stern?) is where we would eat our meals, play cards, etc. At the bow, underneath the blue awning is where we slept. There were some individual cabins, but it ended up being so much nicer on deck that nearly everyone stayed up there. It was covered in the mattresses that you use on a chaise lounge, and they were all strapped down to the boat so they wouldn't fly away. The boat was nearly perfect. The only negative was that, although it looks like a sailboat, there were no sails and we motored to every place we visited. OH...the other negative was that, if you were in the bathroom (head) of one of these cabins, and the cabin door was open, you would get locked in the head. This happened to me. Twice. It was scary and just a little embarrassing...I'm on a boat with a bunch of people I barely know, and my boyfriend's parents. And I'm sticking, first my arm, and then managed to find a way to sneak my head out just the right way (yes, fearing it would get stuck), from the tiny window in the bathroom, trying desparately to get someone's attention to get me out. Ahhh, boats.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of photographs on the boat, because there were so many people with cameras. The few photos I have are here. There is also this Shutterfly page on which all of the people on our trip posted their photos. The photos here aren't just of the blue cruise, because everyone was here for longer than that, but if you go toward the end of anyone's album, you'll see pictures from the amazing trip! Posted by Picasa

No comments: