Wednesday, March 21, 2007

After we left Paris, we had a relatively uneventful flight to Boston (barring the fact that the Charles de Gaulle airport is an absolute nightmare - something that was confirmed both leaving the country and travelling back through on the way to Istanbul) and were so delighted to be back in the US, with people who spoke English to us, and Dunkin Donuts on nearly every street corner! I was delighted to see a television (HD with DVR no less - Thanks Will!) and to catch up on my favorite shows! The first night we were there, we were pretty jetlagged and went to dinner (at a pub - where the waitstaff talks to you in English! and there are multiple, good beers on the menu!) with Will, our gracious host for the week, and his fabulous girlfriend Christine.
Over the next couple of days, I was lucky enough to spend time with many of my favorite people:

Freshman year college roomies reunited (and with babies - cutest babies ever by the way, not that I'm biased - wow!) It was such a special treat to be all together again!






Leigh and Gretchen, at an all day magarita/mexican food/shopping drinks party. I missed the mexican food and the margaritas nearly as much as I missed these two fabulous ladies!







My cute family, who I was hoping to surprise, but had to settle for a run of the mill "Come to Boston, please, I'm here!" reveal.









Chris' parents, brothers and their girlfriends:









and Chris' friends of whom I have no pictures...

It was a really fun trip. It made us realize just how much we missed home and made us think that we really were ready to go back, despite Chris spending so much time at job interviews during the two weeks, until...The morning after our big get together with our friends, Chris decided he should really just go on one last interview. Would be rude to cancel, and all that...And he ended up really liking the school, the director, the principal, the location and the job. SO...After a couple of hours of speedy internet research and lots of talking, we decided that next year we are....Singapore bound! After more internet and book research, and alot of talking to friends who know, we are even more excited for this next phase. I'm excited because Singapore has: Chinese, Indian, Thai, Malaysian, Japanese food all over the place, is close to Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Malaysia, etc. etc. and is equatorial, which means warm weather year round. I'm also excited because, while Chris beat me, by a long shot, in the visitor department this year, Singapore is close to so many amazing travel destinations that I think I'll be able to put up a good fight for the title next year...My calendar is open and waiting!

No comments: